With all of the end of year posts, I ran out of days to post my monthly manicures and my monthly favorites separately. I like to post monthly things within the month and I didn’t want to spill over into January so a combo post it is.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant MaxGlow Infusion Drops Serum
- I bought the mini version to try this and fell in love
- I like to use this mixed in with my moisturizer for added glow and hydration.
- It smells amazing and makes my skin so soft and plump.
- Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paints in Uncuffed and Uncensored
- I got Uncuffed during one of the Sephora sales and fell in love with the formula so I immediately picked up Uncensored during the next sale.
- Uncuffed is the perfect, every day neutral and Uncensored is a gorgeous, blue-toned red.
- These are very longwearing and comfortable without being overly drying.
- I also love the applicator shape. It’s very precise.
- MAC Dazzle Shadow in Every Day Is Sunshine
- MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Lasting Passion
- OBSESSED with this formula
- Super comfortable, super matte, longwearing gorgeousness
- Anytime I’ve wanted a red lip over the holidays, I’ve reached for this one
- LOreal Hydra Perfecte Powder in Translucent
- First of all, I love the scent.
- Secondly, it’s a good product. It’s a great loose powder for dry skin. It doesn’t look cakey or cling to dry patches.
- It’s my new favorite, go-to loose setting powder.
- Downfall, you can only get it at Wal Mart. I haven’t found it in any other stores or online.
- Too Faced Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer
- LRT made me do it. I love her. We could so be besties. If she says it’s good and to buy it, I listen. Life goal is to have her to my makeup.
- I usually gravitate towards more matte bronzers, but I like the little bit of radiance this one gives.
- Budha Girl Bangles
- I’ve worn these nearly every single day since I got them.
- These are weightless, soundless, and waterproof. The fact that they don’t make noise is a major thing. I work at a computer all day and I can’t stand hearing my bracelets bang and clang.
- I got this set of 3 for $40 from Monkee’s of Virginia Beach. If you’re interested, shoot them a message on Instagram and they will hook you up. The girls are super nice and helpful and they ship for free and it’s fast.
- All She Wrote Notes Life Motto Pen Set
- I took one of Meghon’s hand lettering classes a few years and I just fell in love with her infectious, happy spirit.
- Work hard. Stay sweet. Trust God. Love Deep –is her life motto and these pens were too cute to pass up!
Can’t stop, won’t stop wearing these bracelets
I think I found both of these on Facebook, regardless, they both made me think, reflect, and be extra grateful.
No better way to end the year than with the most beautiful, perfect lady on the planet that I love and adore.
Thank you so much for reading and following along in 2018. I’m already prepping and planning for 2019 and I can’t wait to keep posting and sharing my love of all things beauty with y’all.
I’m a firm believer in wearing whatever shade of nail polish or lipstick that you want to, regardless of season. However, there are certain colors that I am more drawn to different times of the year.
Y’all know I share my Monthly Manis each month and nail polish is where my love of all things beauty started. My grandma got her nails done every 2 weeks and I went with her a lot. I remember going in the salon and seeing rows and rows of nail polish and LOVING it. I was exposed at a young age and clearly inherited the gene. When my grandma went into labor with my mom, she was sitting at the table painting her nails and she wouldn’t let my grandpa take her to the hospital until she was finished. Again, I got it honest.
Out of the 160ish (at last count) shades that I own, I managed to narrow it down to 36 shades across 5 color categories.
—Essie Merino Cool: Autumn mulberry
–Essie Hot Coco: Tawny sepia
—China Glaze Dope Taupe: Soft greige
—OPI How Great is Your Dane?: Cinnamon coffee
—Glisten & Glow Dukeberry: Purple tone brown
—KL Polish Point Zero: Cool toned grey brown
—Essie Turn N Pose: Dramatic, deep plum
—Essie Sexy Divide: Bold deep purple with hints of shimmer
—Essie No More Film: Creamy, seductive deep violet
—KL Polish Mozart: Dusty purple
—OPI Kerry Blossom: Plum
–OPI We’ll Always Have Paris: Vampy, darkened plum
—OPI What’s The Hatter With You?: Rich burgundy
–OPI Bastille My Heart: Deep burgundy with violet shimmer throughout
—OPI Black Cherry Chutney: Dark black-red
—Essie Touch Up: Softest mauve pink
—Essie Bubbles Only: Classic burgundy creme
—Essie Recessionista: Savvy brick red
—Essie Shearling Darling: Rich, plush ebony red
—Essie After School Boy Blazer: Academy blue-black
—Essie Bobbing for Baubles: Deepest darkest sapphire
—Essie Surrounded By Studs: Bejeweled blue
—China Glaze Jagged Little Teal: Deep teal blue
—OPI Alpaca My Bags: Blue-green
—OPI Less Is Norse: Dark ice blue
—KL Polish Gumption: Dark navy blue
—KL Polish Cozy In There?: Dusty blue with gray undertones
I thought about some others after I took these pics and I’m too lazy to go back and take pics and a few I don’t have in my collection any more. We’re going to call these honorable mentions
—OPI You Don’t Know Jacques
—OPI Russian Navy
—Essie Smokin Hot
—OPI Miami Beet
My friend Meghan just shared her fall favorites here. We have a lot of similar favorites, but she mentioned a few that I don’t have in my collection and that needs to change ASAP.
KL Polish Mami Martha
I didn’t have many favorites this month, so there won’t be a favorites post on Wednesday.
I did read 2 more books of my list this month!
—My Story by Elizabeth Smart
—I Didn’t Come Here to Make Friends by Courtney Robertston
I’m currently reading The Wizard of Lies by Diana B. Henriques. I’m having a hard time getting into it because of the way it’s written. It doesn’t have a typical chapter set up so the flow is a little off for me, but I really want to read it so I’m pushing through. So far, I’ve read 4 of 18 and I’m only 2 months in.