I’ve dubbed this week S-K-I-N-C-A-R-E W-E-E-K and I am really excited about it. We’re going to cover ingredients, product recommendations, routines, and all that fun stuff.
However, none of this will make any sense if don’t know your skin type so that’s what we are starting with.
- Dry Skin
- All over tight and dehydrated feeling
- Skin looks dull
- Flaky areas
- Fun fact: skin gets drier as we get older
- Oily Skin
- Skin tends to be shiny or have a slick look to it
- All over slick feeling
- Prone to break outs
- Even if your skin is oily, it still needs hydration!
- Sensitive Skin
- Skin is easily irritated and prone to inflammation
- May have acne, dermatitis, and/or rosacea
- Normal Skin
- Tricky because everyone has a different definition of normal
- Skin is healthy and hydrated
- Can tolerate most products without overreacting
- No signs of oiliness or flaking
- Combo Skin
- Oily in some areas, dry in others
- Maybe oily during the warm months and dry when it’s cool
- Combination of any of the above
My skin is far from normal. I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin which makes finding products really fun. Please note the sarcasm. Prior to some acne treatments, I had SUPER oily skin. I’m not an expert, but I feel like I have a pretty good knowledge base for products since I have had basically every skin type, minus normal, at some point in my life.
If you still aren’t sure what skin type you have, check out this link for some helpful information.