Y’all know I watch a lot of beauty videos on YouTube and one of my favorite videos are “Everyday Makeup Drawer” videos. This is where YouTubers go through their vast makeup collections and pick products that they want to focus on using for that month. It could be products that are new that they want to try, some that they’re trying to use up, and/or products they’re undecided on so they’re going to focus on using them to form an opinion.
I don’t have quite the collection as some YouTubers, but I have a decent amount of makeup so products often get forgotten or I’ll use them for a while till something new comes along. There are several products in my collection that I want to use up and I’ve bought new things to try so I decided to do my take on an “Everyday Makeup Drawer” and share a monthly makeup basket.
There are some staple products that I will use regardless and the others will rotate in and out each month. I’m not limiting myself to only what’s in this basket, but I’m going to really to try to focus on these products and pull in others in my collection.
These are products that I use every day and they will stay in the basket each month.
- Maybelline Lash Serum (review here)
- Essence Lash Primer
- Anastasia BH Contour Stick in Fawn
- Anastasia BH Clear Brow Gel
- Ulta Collection Corrector in Pink
- Tarte Busy Gal Brow Gel in Taupe
- Catrice Contour Palette
- Under Eye Setting Powder
- elf Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown
- Milani Prep+Set+Glow Powder (review here)
- Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek Highlighter in Flexitarian
When I test a primer, I use a foundation that I know I like and that I know how it wears. When I test a foundation, I use a primer that I know works well so I won’t be using these primers, foundations, and the setting spray in conjunction this month.
- LOreal Radiance Booster Primer
- LOreal Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation in Pearl
- Catrice Dewy Glow Fixing Spray (one of my fav YouTubers, Taylor, raves about this)
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick in Opal
- Milani Prime Perfection Hydrating Primer
- (not shown) It Cosmetics Confidence In A Foundation in 100 Light Ivory
These are the face products I want to focus on using this month. I’m so close to finishing some of them and the others are just products I haven’t been reaching for recently.
- Wet n Wild Primer Water
- Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer
- Rimmel Lasting Breathable Finish Foundation in 81 Fair Ivory
- Colour Pop No Filter Concealer in Fair 02 + Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 005 Light Neutral (The Catrice is too dark so I mix it with the Colour Pop)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Glow
- Anastasia BH Amrezy Highlighter
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty
- Bare Minerals Invisible Bronze Powder Bronzer in Fair to Light
I don’t wear eye shadow or eye liner every day and when I do, I usually use a cream base and add a powder on top. If I decide to get crazy and do a full eye look, I’ll just pull in one of my palettes.
- Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
- Smashbox Super-Fan Mascara
- Essence Melted Chrome Eyeshadow in Ironic
- Colour Pop Supernova Shadow in Constellaion
- Milani Stay Put Waterproof Eyeliner in Hooked On Espresso
- Physicians Formula Eye Booster Liquid Liner in Deep Brown
I didn’t include any lip products because my lip color choice varies day to day depending on my mood and what I’m wearing.