- How did you decide on the name?
- I texted my best friend who is uber creative and told her I was thinking about starting a new blog and I needed help with a name. Her sister suggested I play off of Hardy which is my middle name. I have a few friends that have always called me “Hannah Hardy” so I added “the” in the front and thus the name was born.
- Where does your love of beauty come from?
- Definitely my grandma. She got her hair done every Friday and her nails done every 2 weeks and I always went with her. I remember she used Ponds Cold Cream to take her makeup off and an Olay night cream every night. When I would spend the night with her, she would let me put on some night cream and I thought I was so cool. Even in her final days when she struggled to feed herself, she somehow managed to keep her lipstick on. You never saw her without her lipstick and if she saw you without any, she didn’t mind telling you to put some on.
- Why did you start (come back) this blog?
- As I said in my first post, I missed having a place to talk about all things beauty and having a creative outlet. I came back with a fresh start, different intentions, and a new perspective. When I started my first blog, I wanted to make something out of it. I wanted to get views, collabs, followers, etc. because I thought that’s what I was supposed to do. That is not the case now. I don’t care about any of that stuff anymore. I’m doing this for me and to have fun. Numbers, statistics, followers, etc. are irrelevant now.
- Why not YouTube?
- My friends and family know that I would really LOVE to start a YouTube, but I’m just not there yet. If I put time and energy into creating videos, I want them to be good and I don’t have the equipment do that. I’m also not very tech savvy so I have A LOT of learning to do before I can even consider that. Maybe one day!
- What is your favorite type of post to write?
- I love doing reviews, monthly favorites, and monthly manis.
- What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
- You can tell who is in just to get noticed, to get likes, etc. People who aren’t genuine and their true self just irk me.
- Who are some of your favorite bloggers?
- Elle Sees, Beauty With Lilly, I’m Fixin To, Baubles & Backdrops, Bourbon & Lipstick, Kingdom of Sequins, A Style of Her Own, Amanda Bella, Head to Toe Chic, Courtney Fashionista, and the list goes on. These were just the first ones that came to mind. I follow more bloggers on Instagram, but I don’t necessariy take the time to visit their blogs every day. I’ve gotten to know the wonderful women behind the aforementioned blogs and they’re so kind, genuine, and I’m lucky to have them as friends.
- What advice to you have for people wanting to start a blog?
- Be yourself! Don’t start out because you want to be the next Rachel Parcell or Emily Gemma and have thousands of subscribers and make tons of money. Get started because YOU want to and then see where it takes you.
- What’s the best thing a blogger can give to their audience?
- Honesty and authenticity.
- What are you blog goals?
- I want to share my makeup favorites, reviews, new products, some personal things here and there and who knows what else. I am obsessed with makeup and all things pretty and I just want a place to talk about it.
We got snow and ice where I live so the roads are a MESS. I’ve got to head into work for a few minutes this morning but then I’m coming back and staying put. If you’re in NC and got some bad weather, stay safe!
I’ll be back on Monday with an exciting post!
Leave a Reply