If you’re a musical lover like me, I hope you sang that like Anna in The King & I. If what I said made no sense to you, Google can help.
Things you should know about me, in no particular order.
- I love Jesus and I am Christian.
- but I cuss a
- I am the youngest of 3 girls.
- I talk to my mom at least twice a day by phone and all day via text. I don’t know how she puts up with me. She’s a saint. We also happen to look just alike.
- I get my sarcasm and sense of humor from my Dad.
- I am a crazy dog lady. If you say anything about a dog or puppy, brace yourself. I can’t help it.
- I have 3 dogs–Jack, Jake, and Windsor. Windsor lives with me and Jack and Jake are my family dogs that live with parents. I call home at least twice a day to see what they’re doing and to tell them I love them.
- I graduated from Meredith College which is a women’s college.
- My degree is in Fashion Merchandising and I minored in Business Administration and Marketing.
- I currently work in agricultural lending.
- I am living proof that you never say never and that God’s grace never runs out.
- Leopard print is the basis of my wardrobe.
- I believe in monogramming everything. People need to know what’s mine.
- I’m sarcastic and people say I’m funny. I love to laugh and make others laugh. Better to laugh than cry, my friends.
- I got credit cards at a young age and thought they were free money. I am literally still paying for that life lesson, but I’m thankful that I made this mistake early in life and can learn and live better.
- I deal with anxiety every day. I take medication for it and I’m not ashamed about it. It’s something I work on every single day.
- I’ve only been really depressed one time in my life. I thought about ending my life. I swore that day that I would never let myself get back to that place. I’ve kept my word.
- Windsor, my dog, is my best friend. He saved my life (see #17) and he is the best part of every day.
- Kate Middleton and the royals are my people.
- I studied abroad in Paris in 2011. The trip and the people I became friends changed my life for the better.
- I can’t wait to go back to London, but I really don’t like to travel. I’m happiest at home with my dog.
- I’m introverted AF. I night at home alone is my idea of fun.
- I don’t do mornings. I’ve been on planet earth for 26 years and some change and never have I ever hopped out of bed, ready to face the day.
- I’m scared of crows feet so eye cream is my BFF.
- I don’t do snakes, bugs, or anything that crawls. The sight of the aforementioned will make me show a whole new side of crazy.
- I have terrible allergies. I’m allergic to dogs (Windsor is hypoallergenic), cats, dust, dust mites, molds, and lots of outdoor things. I currently get allergy shots and I’ve gotten them off and on since I was 9.
- I don’t do the outdoors. God made heat and air for a reason. Hiking, laying on the beach, exercising outdoors, basically anything that involves being outside for more than 10 minutes isn’t for me. I like to enjoy God’s beautiful work through a window while the AC is pumping and I’m not sweating.
- I like a waterfront view, but I don’t like the beach. I don’t do sand. See #27
- I wash my hair once a week. #blessed
- I decided at age 12 that I wanted a Birkin and a pair of Christian Louboutins. At age 26, I’m 1-0. Still holding out and longing for that Birkin.
- I watch YouTube more than I watch TV. Beauty videos are life.
- I will never get tired of reruns of Friends, Will & Grace, Golden Girls, and Full House.
- My 2 favorite movies are Remember the Titans and White Christmas. I can quote both of them from start to finish.
- The bump in my lip isn’t a fever blister, it’s a scar. #ifihadadollar
- I play piano and I took lessons for 6 years. Hymns are my favorite songs to play.
- I’m very type A and organized.
- I love to read.
- My favorite lipstick of all time is MAC Lovelorn.
- Two books that changed my life are Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado and A Confident Heart by Renee Swope.
- I can really nerd out over school supplies. A good writing pen is sure to put a smile on my face.
- I did this whole blogging thing before (link to old blog), but needed a fresh start.
- I watch Dateline every Friday night. Don’t ask me to hang out. I have plans.
- I was born 2 weeks late and I haven’t been on time since. Clearly, punctuality was just not in the cards for me.
- I have one tattoo, Phil 4:6, on my left wrist. It brings me peace and comfort every day and I don’t regret it one bit. The only thing I regret is not getting it sooner. You can read the story behind it here.
- I plan to live below the Mason-Dixon forever. I wasn’t cut out for extreme heat or below freezing temperatures.
- I don’t do the sun. I’ve never been in a tanning bed. I don’t self tan. I’m pale and I like it.
- #46 can make finding products that match quite difficult so if you’re a fair skinned gal, you’ve come to the right place.
- I’m obsessed with Thomas Rhett & Lauren Akins and their kids. They are #goals for sure.
- I don’t like hot beverages. Iced coffee for life.
- I live off Monster Zero energy drinks (the white can) and Diet Pepsi. I don’t drink enough water and I am well aware of that fact. YOLO.
I could go on, but that’s a pretty good representation of who I am. I probably forgot something really important, but there’s always tomorrow.
Tell me something about you in the comments!
These are my people and pets. They’re awesome. They love me even though I’m an introvert and I’m not always the best friend that I can be. They’re a pretty special crew and I’m beyond thankful for them. There are others not pictured, but the love is there.
Leave a Reply